• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

should i be worried?

a7xlover

Greenlighter
ok so last night i had a bit of a headache, it was nothing major so i just took 2 panadols and finished off my homework then went to bed.

Then at 3am i wake up to go for a piss.
When im taking my piss i start shaking, sort of like if it was -5 Celsius.
It definately wasnt -5
then when i went back to bed i couldnt get to sleep for another half hour, i was warm, but shaking heaps.

Then when i wake up this morning im sweating like a bitch.
and i still have a minor headache and feel a bit dizzy.

So should i be worried? ive never had the shaking before, and im pretty sure it wasnt from cold considering that fact that i was warm lol.

I'm from the US, but it seems panadol is just acetaminophen (Tylenol over here for us Americans). Did you take any other drugs? If not, I'm thinking the shaking and sweating and dizziness is just from the headache. Headaches can be painful, and last for days...they can be a concern if you never get them and it comes out of nowhere, but if you get minor headaches even, sometimes you can get a particularly nasty one, and it's not indicative of any other issues. I know the first time I had a migraine, I was thoroughly convinced it was a brain tumor, and went to the doctor who told me otherwise.

Sounds to me like you got a fever with the headache, and probably some bug going around.
My son has something similar and returned from college early today. The sweating indicated that your body temp went up to fight of the bug. When your temperature goes up its can somtimes confuse your body as to weather it is hot or cold, and the shaking occurs to warm you up. Headaches have many causes from truama or by inflamation in the fluids or nerves around the brain, or tension, and stress. If your headaches persists for more than a couple of days its best to see a doctor.
bx